Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Hair is Detoxing

A few weeks ago, I finally made a long-awaited purchase that I had been putting off until I had my debt paid off. I finally, finally, FINALLY bought myself the Healthy Hair Starter Package  from Morrocco Method. Many of my favorite bloggers had recommended this brand for a long time, and I was itching to get my hands on it. Rather than do the impulse buy of years past, I waited and salivated over it for MONTHS.THen the day finally came for me to make my big buy. Victory.

As I anticipated the arrival of my hair package, I eagerly devoured all the videos of the crunchy-granola Master Hair Shaman, a.k.a., Anthony Morrocco. Although the videos were kind of weird and poorly produced, the information he shared made sense and was really useful. I learned that I was brushing my hair incorrectly, so I changed that right away. Just from brushing my hair differently, I noticed a huge difference in my overall hair health and my scalp. After giving birth, my skin, scalp, and hair (among other things) freaked out on me, and I found myself with a GORGEOUS receding hairline, a sexy dusting of flakes, and strange rough patches all of over my face. So, when I changed up one aspect of my routine (brushing my hair differently) and noticed that my flakes were almost completely gone and my hair was shinier, smoother, and felt thicker…I couldn't help but get even more excited for UPS to knock on my door. 

A week or so later, my package arrived!!!!! I immediately started watching all the videos again, looking up other blogs that had used the products, pulled out the head massager they sent me, and went to town on my scalp for about 30 minutes. It was heaven. 

Then I drew a nice bath, (sorry, Californians! I hope that drought ends soon!) and tried the apple cider vinegar shampoo first. It was a little strange because it didn't lather and was a bit like the consistency of mud, but I didn't mind that because I had tried no-poo, Wen, knock-off Wen, and other low/no-sudsing shampoos. Once I was done, my hair felt decent as though it didn't feel fully clean. I wasn't too worried though, because I figured this could be part of the detox process and that the shampoo wasn't going to strip away all the natural oils in my scalp like other shampoos did. Once my hair was dry, I did the Morrocco Method of brushing and noticed some white-ish, chalky looking stuff on my brush. The second time I washed y hair (maybe a week later), my hair felt even cleaner and looked much healthier, and there was even MORE chalky/white stuff on my brush….

After some more time spent perusing the Internets (or was it the FAQs section of Morrocco Method?), I found that my hair was indeed detoxing and that white stuff was most likely plastics or waxes that my hair was releasing from all the years of using conventional shampoos. So cool! While the detox process may take up to two months, I'm in it for the long haul. Even amidst the detoxing, my hair looks and feels better every day, and it's great to know that I'm using a product that is good for me and safe for the planet. Yay! On top of that, my hair can actually smell NICE like a normal person rather than some homeless guy on the street. I'm over the moon that I got my order, and I can't wait to see what my hair is going to be like when I'm finally done detoxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment